Butchery & Poultry Processing Manager
Livestock Crew Manager
Butchery & Poultry Processing Manager 2020
Manage weekly operation of our on-farm poultry processing plant - processing an average of 450-600 broiler chickens per week and seasonally turkeys.
Properly identify primal cuts and sub-primal cuts of poultry, beef and pork to produce the proper cuts reflected on the order sheet
Proper assembly and disassembly of grinding and stuffing equipment
Maintaining a sharp knife and excellent knife skills
Grinding various meats and sausages. Accurately measure spice blends for sausage
Practice accurate food safety techniques set forth in our HACCP plan
Disassembling and washing all equipment and hand tools. Washing all tables, cutting boards, and floors. Scrubbing down floors and walls.
Communicate quality issues to supervisor
Monitors and assists in preventing spoilage.
Mentors and supports assigned processing staff
Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising products.
Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of
We pride ourselves on selling quality meats and giving our customers a unique experience.
We are looking for someone with a great work ethic and a great personality.
Experience & Requirements
Must have 12+ month butchery/meat cutting experience
Must be able to lift 50+ pounds.
In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling.
Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching.
Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
Exposure to temperatures: < 32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees Fahrenheit.
Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
Ability to handle knives and other cutting equipment
Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters, pluckers, scalders, and meat grinders.
$17-$20 per hour based on experience - Full time
Health insurance is not provided. Staff receive generous food allowances & discounts, 1 weeks paid vacation time off, paid sick leave, professional development/training funding.
To apply please fill out this form at https://form.jotform.com/200654183691052. Any questions please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org To learn more about Pat’s Pastured you can visit our website www.patspastured.com
Livestock Crew Manager
- Development of a high quality of staff training program — on-job training, special workshops and self guided. Implement a training passport program to gauge staff participation and retention of key training areas.
- Highly trained farm staff will successfully raise and process grass-fed and pasture-raised livestock to satisfy our customers demand of delicious, high quality meat and eggs raised with high animal welfare standards.
- Record-keeping will accurately assess the quality and effectiveness of the livestock program at Pat’s Pastured.
- Ensure daily chores including watering, feeding and pasture rotation of chickens, ducks, turkeys, pigs, and cattle are performed with efficiency.
- Communicate with livestock manager on overall animal health.
- Develop and implement rotational grazing plan in conjunction with livestock manager.
- Tractor work and basic equipment maintenanceAssist in managing on-site poultry processing crew.
- General carpentry projectsInteract with the public through workshops, volunteers, and daily visitation.
- Evaluate team member performance
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2+ years experience in livestock farming
- Experience with training and managing others effectively
- Passion for working with animals
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn
- Excellent communication skills
- Creative problem solving skills
- An appreciation of the roles speed and efficiency play in creating an economically viable farm – interest in learning and implementing “Lean manufacturing” techniques in a farm environment
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs repeatedly is required
- Ability to operate power tools and mechanical equipment safely
- Willingness to work long hours in all weather conditions
- Tractor experience
- Experience driving livestock trailers a plus
- General carpentry and building skills
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record
- Willingness to work 4 days per week and 1 weekend day
- Dedication, reliability, and a great work ethic
This is a full-time, year round salaried position — position to begin March 2020. Compensation determined by experience, salary range $28–$33,000 per year. Health insurance is not provided. Staff receive generous food allowances & discounts, 2 weeks paid vacation time off, paid sick leave, professional development/training funding.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY! Any questions please contact us by email email@example.com
Farm Hand Position
Pat's Pastured is seeking a full-time Farm Hand. This position will work in most aspects of our farm. Typically this environment is subject to exposure to all outdoor weather. This position is full-time, 40 hours per week. Salary is $12–$14 per hour, commensurate with experience
- Daily watering, feeding and pasture rotation of broiler chickens, laying hens, ducks, turkeys, pigs and cattle
- Management of chick brooder
- Equipment maintenance
- Product delivery
- Assist with sales of products
- Assisting with products processing, packaging & inventory
- Building fence
- General carpentry and construction
Weekly slaughter/processing of poultry on-farm
- Enjoys working with animals
Willingness to work long hours in all weather conditions
- Willingness to learn
- Valid drivers license — no moving violations
- Ability to follow directions
- Able to work independently or in a group
- Ability to lift 50lbs on regular basis required
- Good communication skills
- Punctual and reliable
Send resume, cover letter and 3 professional references — application not containing these elements will not be considered. Any questions please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about Pat’s Pastured visit our website www.patspastured.com or Facebook.