Pat's Pastured Meat CSA
Our CSA Share program is critical for our farm. It provides us working capital at the beginning of the season when it is most needed. In return, we offer you a discount on the healthiest and most humanely-raised pastured poultry, duck, beef, pork, and eggs available. Food you can feel good about combined with crucial support for a local farm.
Our Meat CSA program delivers flexibility, convenience, and maximum value. We understand everyone is different and with this program you buy what you want, when you want it. You do not have to come every week, nor do you have to spend an exact amount. You will be able to choose from our available inventory to purchase the products à la carte. The only requirement is that all funds must be used between November 2018 and April 30th, 2019 as nothing will be carried into the next season.
How does our Meat CSA work?
Members commit to a customizable CSA by purchasing their Meat CSA at the beginning of the season at the level value that they want. Share members receive Meat CSA credit that can be used like cash to be spent on any of our meat (pork, beef, duck, and chicken) and free-range eggs at our farmers’ market locations or at the Farm Store. We provide you with a debit style card at the start of the season. Anytime you shop, use your card purchase will be deducted from your balance.
Meat CSA Benefits:
*Free product! You earn a percentage of free product from $30 up to $140 depending on your share level
*Monthly members-only specials offer an additional 10-20% off select products
*Receive priority notice for special products such as Thanksgiving turkeys
*Earn right of first refusal on membership renewal for each season
*Be welcome to attend one of our 2018 farm tours (Dates TBA) at no charge
*Receive priority registration on scheduled farm events
Credit Card Payments and Technology fees:
As an added convenience to you, we take online credit card payments for Meat CSA registrations. We have to add an online technology fee to cover the cost of this service. If you prefer not to pay for the technology fee, you may fill out our registration form and send it with your check to Pat's Pastured 830 South Rd, East Greenwich, RI 02818 or bring your form and payment to any of our current farmers markets. A complete list is here.
We Offer 5 Convenient Levels
1) Why should I purchase a Meat CSA?
- You know the person who grows the food that you feed your family. We offer transparent farming. You are always welcome to send us an email, visit us at any of our markets or at our farm store, you can hike the trails on the property, or attend one of our farm tours to learn about the day to day operation of the farm.
- By choosing just what you want to buy you'll be informing us what you want and influencing the cuts and amounts we sell moving forward.
- You'll be supporting your local economy. Each dollar that you spend at a local, independent business returns three times more money to your local economy than a dollar spent at a chain store.
- Eating healthier starts with pastured meats! The care that small farmers put into growing and raising their products means that the food they distribute is more nutritious than anything you can find in the grocery store.
2) What about Thanksgiving turkeys?
You can not use your Meat CSA card to purchase a turkey however share members receive first dibs on reserving a holiday turkey.
3) How will I pick up my card?
We will deliver your Meat CSA card to the Farmer's Market you indicate at purchase. Cards will arrive at the May 5th market.
4) What if I want to preorder my items so they are packed and ready for pickup at market?
You are always welcome to preorder items totaling $30 or more. We need to receive your order by the Monday before (for Wednesday market) or Thursday before (for Saturday market). We will pack your order and send you an invoice so that you know just what your purchase total is. Bring your Meat CSA card to market and the market staff will have your order packed and ready to go.
5) What if I forget my card?
That is no problem! Our Farm Store and Farmer's Market staff will have your account information and can manually deduct your purchases from your account.
6) What happens if I lose my card?
Don't worry! We can track your card balance and re-issue a card if necessary.
7) Is the card re-loadable?
Yes. We can add additional funds to your card but keep in mind they expire October 31, 2018. Please keep in mind when you are choosing a level that the higher levels earn a greater percentage of free meat.
8) Does the Meat CSA card expire?
Yes, your card will expire at the end of the Summer Season on 10/31/2018.
9) What if I want to cancel? Can I get a refund for unused balance?
No. When you register you are committing for the full amount. We are unable to give refunds directly.
What about....? If your question is not answered here, please e-mail Lisa at email@example.com