About Our Farm: Founded in 2002, Pat’s Pastured provides the highest quality pasture-raised and grass-fed meats. Our goal is to provide our livestock with a life that allows them to express their natural instincts fully in a pasture environment. That means that our pigs get to root, run and play; our chickens get to peck, scratch and crow; our turkeys gobble and strut; and our cows eat grass outside, NOT corn in confinement.
100+ acres of pasture and woodlots spread over a several pieces of land in Rhode Island. All land is managed in an intensive rotational management system with multiple species of livestock. The main farm is located in East Greenwich, Rhode Island. All meat and eggs are sold through farmers markets (6 summer, 3 winter in 2016), Meat/Poultry CSA, restaurant sales and on-farm sales.
· Pasture-raised pigs (250-300 annually)
· Pastured, Free-range broilers (11,000 seasonally)
· Pasture-raised turkeys (600 seasonally)
· Grass-fed beef steers (30 annually)
· Free-range laying hens (2000 annually)
· Free-range laying ducks (200 annually)
· Livestock Guardian Dogs (5)
· All poultry are processed on-farm in a RI Health Department mobile processing unit
· Ensure daily chores including watering, feeding and pasture rotation of chickens, ducks, turkeys, pigs, sheep and cattle are performed with efficiency
· Communicate with Livestock Manager and Assistant Livestock manager on overall animal health
· Implement rotational grazing plan in conjunction with other staff
· Tractor work and basic equipment maintenance
· Assist in poultry processing crew
· Fence building and general carpentry projects
· Assisting with freezer inventory management
Skills and Qualifications:
· 1-3 years experience in livestock farming
· Passion for working with animals
· Positive attitude and a willingness to learn
· Excellent communication skills and a good sense of humor
· Creative problem solving skills
· An appreciation of the roles speed and efficiency play in creating an economically viable farm
· Ability to lift 50 lbs repeatedly is required
· Ability to operate power tools and mechanical equipment safely
· Willingness to work long hours in all weather conditions
· Tractor experience
· Experience driving livestock trailers a plus
· General carpentry and building skills
· Valid drivers license
· Dedication, reliability, and a great work ethic
This is a full-time position available immediately and ending in November. Compensation determined by experience. Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any questions please contact us by email.
LEAD ORDER PACKER AND DELIVERY ASSOCIATE
Pat's Pastured is seeking a part-time Lead Order Packer and Delivery Associate.
The Order Team plays an integral role in our operation ensuring our customers’ orders are handled, packed, and delivered to the highest standards. The Order Team’s primary activity is packing our high-quality, pasture raised meat and eggs, for same-day or next-day delivery to our farmer's markets and wholesale customers throughout the Rhode Island area.
The Order Team Lead is responsible for the day to day operational duties of a team consisting of 1-3 part-time employees.
This position will work in our packing barn. Typically this environment is subject to exposure to extreme/controlled temperatures in a cooler or freezer and moisture. This position is part-time, 15-18 hours per week, Wed-Fri. Salary is $12-$14 per hour, commensurate with experience.
Pat's Pastured was founded in 2002 and provides the highest quality pasture-raised and grass-fed meats all grown in Rhode Island. Our goal is to provide our livestock with a life that allows them to express their natural instincts fully in a pasture environment. That means that pigs get to root, run and play; chickens get to peck, scratch and crow; turkeys goggle and strut; cows eat grass outside, NOT corn in confinement.
100+ acres of pasture and woodlots spread over a several pieces of land in Rhode Island. All land is managed in an intensive rotational management system with multiple species of livestock. The main farm is located in East Greenwich, Rhode Island. All meat and eggs are sold through farmers markets (6 summer, 3 winter in 2016), Meat CSA, restaurant sales and on-farm sales.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Read orders and pack items for wholesale customers
- Pack market coolers for weekly farmer's markets
- Receive and count stock items, and record data manually
- Pack and unpack items to be stocked on site or at off site warehouse
- Verify inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock, and investigate discrepancies or adjust errors
- Store meat in an orderly and accessible manner
- Mark stock items using identification tags or other labeling equipment
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations
- Train team members on skills needed to perform role
- Deliver wholesale orders weekly
- Establish teamwide culture of quality & attention to detail and safety
- Ensure all Food Safety standards are met
- Develop, documenting, and implementing SOPs on new and current processes
- Facilitate communication & coordination with other departments
- Responsible for overall cleanliness and organization of the Packing Barn
Skills and Qualifications:
- Walking and standing for long periods are required
- Lifting, pushing, pulling, and/or carrying up to 75 lbs
- Performing other physical activities such as moving pallets, loading trucks, reaching, bending or climbing
- Must be able to read orders and select product accordingly
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Time management skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills and a good sense of humor
- Valid drivers license
- Good Driving Record
- Dedication, reliability, and a great work ethic
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn
Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com. Any questions please contact us by email. To learn more about Pat’s Pastured you can visit our website www.patspastured.com or our Facebook page.